Henry de Winton, Rector of this parish, rebuilder of Boughrood church and builder of the Dead House. Kilvert, curate of Clyro, records him as a man of action finding him supervising the planting of potatoes when he calls or commenting on his walking with his pupils from Boughrood to Hay and back in an evening to attend a lecture in the Parish Hall. A man busy about his parish in a way that his father, Rector before him, had never been. His name is to be found in the registers as presiding at almost every baptism, wedding and burial in the parish for over 33 years. He became Archdeacon of Brecon. He died in Tenby where he had gone on account of his failing health on Palm Sunday 1895 and following his funeral in Llandrindod, of which parish he had been Rector latterly, his coffin was brought to Boughrood on a special train. The road from the station to the church was lined with those who fondly remembered their Rector.